Monday, January 14, 2018 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Granada Community Services District (GCSD) offices, 504 Avenue Alhambra, Third Floor, El Granada, CA 94018
Open Comments – Members can comment on items not on the Agenda (Should be relevant to Democratic Club business)
Discussion of attendees to meetings who are not members.
Consent Agenda – Move Approval Gerrity/Slater-Carter, unanimous
Approval of Agenda
Approval of minutes from October 2, 2017 meeting.
Approval of Treasurer’s reports October/November/December 2017 & January 2018
Approval of moving Jenny Skoble (1-6-18) and David & Susan Donahue (1-11-18) dues to 2018-19yr.
AD Delegates List for 2018 – Kehoe (5 min). Vote to reaffirm the Board’s list of names for 2018 California Democratic Party Pre-Endorsement Convention which was voted on by email in October. Motion to affirm Slater-C /Gerrity. Unanimous.
- Affiliation with CA Democratic Council – Kehoe (15 min). Discussion of pros and cons; the group is reactivating. Motion Kehoe/Fisher to reaffiliate and give them the Board’s email addresses. Unanimous.
- Board Conduct Review – Kehoe (20 min). Concerns about making sure attendees to events are welcomed. Suggestion – nametags saying “Board member”. We all need to work to welcome new people. We also need to behave well when we are out in public and watch social media exposure.
- Review Expenditure Process and Details – Gerrity/Fisher (20 min). Gerrity: we should have automatic approval of regular costs for membership meetings. Motion to authorize expenditures not to exceed $150 per general membership meeting for regular expenditures. Opposed by Kehoe (withdrawn).
- Fisher: Would like to see dues raised. Discussion: if we had more revenue, we could have additional large meetings with outstanding speakers. There are different ways to go about it – pass the hat at meetings, raise dues, etc. Kehoe: there are issues with raising dues and he is opposed. Discussion tabled to next meeting.
- Logo and Flyer – Dye. Review of logo, membership flyer. Revisions were suggested. Agreement that it would be good to print 100.
- Event Speakers – Gerrity asked what Level (state, county, local) of candidate speakers to have at our events. Consensus that we should invite all candidates but focus our energies on local candidates.
- May Annual Meeting – Kehoe. What board members are planning to run for re-election? Dye, Klein, Kehoe, and Gerrity all expressed interest in leaving the board.
Committee Reports (15 min)
- Finance – Meg Fried
- Membership – Meg Fried
- Program – Kathy Klein & Doreen Gerrity
- Bylaws – Bill Kehoe
- Endorsement and Elections Committee – Kathryn Slater-Carter
- Legislation – Kathryn Slater-Carter
- Publicity & Media Committee – Barbara Dye
- Voter Registration – Kathy Klein
- SMC DCC Report – Brigid O’Farrell
- Lightning Round – All Upcoming items for future agenda or Club action (5 min)
Next Board meeting time and place: February 5, 2018, at GCSD at 7 PM