Board Meeting minutes for CD Board Meeting
Monday, October 2, 2017
Granada Community Services District (GCSD) offices, 504 Avenue Alhambra, Third Floor, El Granada, CA 94018 Google Map
President Kehoe called the meeting to order at 7:02.
Present: Kehoe, Dye, Fisher, Fried, Gerrity, Slater-Carter.
- Fisher: All board members need to have a presentation on the difference between goals, policies, and procedures.
- Gerrity: Marshall Tuck will be running for State School Superintendent and speaking at Brews and Views. He is very Republican and wants to privatize schools.
- Slater-Carter: Update on lawsuit by HMB against SAM. HMB says it does not consider SAM a defendant so will not support funding for a defense. HMB is playing very hardball. This limits the willingness of those sued to settle. HMB asked for a change of venue and it has been moved to Santa Clara. This has delayed the process. People should watch the SAM meetings.
Consent Agenda – Slater-Carter/Gerrity, unanimous
Approval of Agenda
Approval of minutes from September 11, 2017 meeting as corrected.
Approval of Treasurer’s reports October 2017
Recruiting AD Delegates for 2018 – We need to draft a “Call For Volunteers” for next year’s California Democratic Party State Convention to be placed on FB, Web and Newsletter. Form committee to identify qualified delegates before November. We need to look for interest among the members. The Board will approve the final list. Bill to investigate the requirements and specifics of this effort.
Reviewed Letter on Affordable Housing – Kehoe (25 min). Dye/Fisher: To support Measure C in Pacifica and to authorize President Kehoe to send a letter to that effect (to local papers, City Councils, etc.). Gerrity to work with Kehoe to finalize the letter.
Committee Reports (30 min)
- Finance – Meg Fried: See report
- Membership – Meg Fried: See report, add Dye to work on membership form
- Program – Kathy Klein & Doreen Gerrity: No speakers set for next meeting, will continue to work on this; Movie night to be Nov. 3, Happy Hour Nov. 15; Dates for holiday party, December 9th. People to come Friday the 6th to see All the President’s Men.
- Endorsement and Elections Committee – Kathryn Slater-Carter, no report
- Legislation – Kathryn Slater-Carter – no report
- Publicity & Media Committee – Barbara Dye: media updated, working on membership flyer
- Voter Registration – Kathy Klein: looking for volunteers for Pumpkin Festival.
- SMC DCC Report – Brigid O’Farrell: no report
- Bylaws Committee – Kehoe: Changes included in committee minutes will need to be voted on by the Board. Information will be shared with membership.
Next Board meeting time and place: November 1, 2017, at GCSD at 7 PM
Kehoe adjourned the meeting at 9:09.